Wedding Countdown Ticker

Sunday, August 19, 2007

Breakfast Time Again

Have I told you guys yet just how much I love my job? Sometimes it can be overwhelming, I must confess. But the truth of it is, it only gets that way when I try to do it all by myself. Yes, it is MY job, but God gave it to me, knowing I could do it, but only leaning on Him and with His strength. It is when I think it is all on my shoulders, that I begin to buckle under the weight of it all. Yet another reason I love my job is that is brings me closer to Him, because I simply cannot do this job WELL, without Him. So I am constantly drawing nearer to Him in order to handle the load. That's pretty cool.
The reason for this post is that I was yet again touched by the Men's Breakfast this weekend at my church. The title of the message presented to these men was "Why Would a Christian Wife Cheat?" WOW! It was so good. I wish every man on the planet could have been there. At the end, they prayed, on their knees. They prayed: to be the husbands or future husbands that God designed them to be. They prayed over their marriages, their wives, and their leadership. I still can't get over the way it so deeply moves me, as a woman, to see a room FULL of men pray together...ON THEIR KNEES no less! It was awesome

One thing still bothers me about these things, though. I know that everyone that came to this was blessed by it. It couldn't be helped. The message was just that powerful. But I can't help but think that the men that were NOT there, are probably the men, in most cases, that needed to hear it the most. Their own spirituality could have been improved, their own marriages or future marriages could have been incredibly changed, their minds and hearts could have been impacted and blessed. I couldn't help but look around that room and think there need to be more men here. SO many men (and their wives) would've been changed and blessed by this, but sadly, were not. Instead, they had better things to do. Playing golf, sleeping in, thinking, "Hey, I don't need that, I'm not even married...I'll just catch the next one." Makes me a bit sad.
But all in all, it was awesome! It was a blessing to all who attended. I am so blessed to be a part of that ministry. I truly am.

Thank You God for allowing me to working in such an amazing place and in such crucial ministries. Continue to move that incredible message from yesterday within the hearts, souls, and minds of the men in attendance. Bless their efforts to be the strong Godly leaders in their relationships. Change their relational spirits to reflect that of Solomon and his beloved. Draw them ever nearer to You and to their wives. Help them to never forget what they heard this weekend. I come to you with all of this in Your Son's precious name...Amen.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Barry's call was for leadership and example, for men to step up and be God's man, to sacrifice, to take the focus off self and to be strong. You are more than blessed to work in this ministry.