Wedding Countdown Ticker

Sunday, October 14, 2007

Captivating

Next book: Captivating (by John and Stasi Eldredge)

Have you ever had God tell you that you need to read a book? I have. Ok, well, He didn't call me on the phone or come to my house to tell me. But in a matter of two days, two different ladies (not particularly close friends of mine either) told me that I really should read this book. The second day, I left the conversation with the second lady, got in my car, turned on the stereo and the people talking on the Christian talk-radio station, that the stereo was tuned to, were discussing that same book. OK, OK, I get it....I need to read this book. So, God didn't necessarily bang me over the head with the book, but He wasn't exactly subtle either...that's ok, I like that about Him.

4 comments:

Amy said...

WONDERFUL book!

Erin said...

Amazing book. I need to read it again. It helps makes sense of life. We (as women) are wired a certain way. I wrote about it on my blog - November 10, 2006. :-)

Anonymous said...

For those of us who LOOK for guidance from the Holy Spirit, these things are often obvious and He uses common (to us) things to get our attention. What is surprising to me is why, so often, it is surprising to us.

Kimberly said...

i've been reading reviews of this book and i really want to know your take on it when you are done! sounds good :)