Wedding Countdown Ticker

Thursday, May 24, 2007

GRACE

Grace.
What a mind-boggling concept (for me). Do I fully understand it? Does anyone? Do you? I am not going to drone on and on about what grace means to me (shocking, I know...)
BUT, I would LOVE it, if those of you reading this would post a comment about what grace is/means to you. I know it can be difficult to boil it down to something you can post as a blog "comment". I understand this. But would you each please give it a try? I'd absolutely LOVE to read what it means to you and what it "looks" like in our lives, in your opinion.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

GRACE, I feel it most and best when I have to go to God with still another failure, weakness, or just plain sin. He is always at-the-ready to say no problem, go and sin no more, and He says that knowing full-well I'll be back for more. That's the GRACE, a sin forgiven, yes, but more, a love that is so strong that keeps on forgiving when I would not.

Anonymous said...

Grace is being given something not deserved with no strings attached, or giving in the same way...my definition. Here is Joyce Meyer's from her book If Not For The Grace Of God:

"We must learn to commit our lives to God, trusting ourselves to Him in everything and for everything, relying not upon our great faith but upon His marvelous grace. It true that faith is important, but even faith comes to us by grace, as a gift. Everything in our lives depends, not upon our merits or abilities or works, but upon God's divine willingness to use His infinite power to meet our needs-and at no cost to us whatsoever. That is grace."

Amy said...

The guys said it better than I can. Grace is such a big thing. I know I am saved by grace and faith. Faith in Him that gives me grace. He stands ready, able, willing, and wanting to forgive me EVERY time, if I'll accept it.

Anonymous said...

unmerited favor